Awards Awards Awards!
In getting ready for the first Flying Low sale, and working on other art projects I’m a little tardy in picking up these Liebster, Sunshine and second Verstile Blogger Awards. Thanks Francine for nominating this blog.
Francine is a still photographer and videographer in Pittsburgh. If you haven’t been to Francine’s blog, certainly click the above link and see why she was nominated for how she showcases her town.
Sure, these chain-mail type awards are far more common than the coveted Pulitzer Prize but they are nice to receive. I’m very grateful to all the people who do find this extension of Modes of Flight interesting.
Reportedly, the acceptance rules for these awards are now as follows:
- For the Liebster Blog Award I must tell 5 things about myself that no one may know and nominate 5 other bloggers.
- For the Sunshine Award I have to answer 10 questions about myself and nominate 10 others.
- For the Versatile Blogger Award I’m supposed to tell 7 things about myself and nominate 7 others.
Well . . . it just wouldn’t be me to always follow such rules now would it? You see, I have my own drum and whether anyone’s listening or not, I have to beat it. So, I hereby initiate the propagation of the first prestigious Universal Blog Award (UBA), and its rules in honour of all the blog awards currently in circulation.
Here are the acceptance rules:
1. If you are genuinely thankful to have been nominated but are certain that you cannot find the time to follow up with a post on your own blog which involves attaching hyperlinks to other bloggers, simply state the name of your blog, give a brief description of what your blog is about and add a hyperlink to your blog in the comments section below.
2. If you do have time to continue making posts, either follow the original aforementioned rules and use the corresponding original awards presented in this post or at your earliest convenience substitute them for the subsequent rules and the award presented just before the comments section.
3. Identify the top 2 family members who have greatly influenced your life (names or other titles are acceptable, even if they’re pets).
4. Identify the top 2 non-family members who have influenced your life (you may have personally been in some form of contact with them or are only familiar with them through popular media).
5. State what you believe would be the worst thing to happen to mankind, and what you will personally do to initiate the effort to prevent or control that issue.
6. State what you believe would be the greatest thing to happen to mankind, and what you will personally do to initiate the effort to achieve that goal (big or small; whatever is within your power to commit to every day from this point onward).
7. Nominate 7 other blogs to receive the award (why 7, because it’s the rounded mathematical average of 5, 10 and 7), and tell them that you’ve nominated them.
I’ll get started from rule #3:
- My wife and my mother.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. and El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcom X).
- I believe that total domination by bigotry is the worst thing that could happen to mankind. To do my part to prevent this, I will strive to be patient with others and myself every day.
- I believe that a simultaneous end to all bigotry and hunger would be the greatest thing to happen to all mankind. To do my part to achieve this I will, every day, feed at least one other person besides myself, be forgiving and encourage whomever I feed to do likewise.
- In alphabetical order, I name the following 7 blogs for a UBA (one’s I’ve never nominated before):
- Abe Pacana Photography Blog
- Frizz Text
- Jenny Rathbone Concept Art
- Mostly Monochrome
- Zach Fischer. Concept Artist / Illustrator
NOTICE: absolutely NOTHING will happen to you, anyone else or anything else if you chose to not follow ANY of the rules in this post. It all in good fun!