Once again this art blog has been acknowledged by a fellow blogger who has found MOF to be a source of good reading, aesthetics and creative inspiration. Jessica Accardi who is . . . So Very Very, has recently nominated the MOF blog for a Super Sweet Blogging Award.
I’ll try not to gush but I will certainly have to express my gratitude to her, not just for her appreciation of my art but for her nurturing creative expression in her own children.
Of course, in order to accept this I will observe some rules of sharing the love:
• Thank the super sweet blogger that nominated them.
• Nominate a baker’s dozen of other bloggers (which is actually 13 thanks to sneaky old English bakers who tried to get away with stiffing buyers a loaf of bread when they seemed to not be paying too close attention); here they are in no particular order:
- Cosy Travels of the Viking and his Kitten
- Lost in Translation
- Dear Bliary
- Russel Ray Photos
- Photography Journal Blog
- Mirth & Motivation
- Cheryl Andrews
- All Things Boys
- Chronicles of Illusions
- The Writer in the Woods
- Inside the Mind of Isadora
- The (Urban-Wildlife) Interface
- Nonoy Manga
• Answer 5 super sweet questions:
SOCK IT TO ME!
- Cookie or cake? [Cookie]
- Chocolate or Vanilla? [Chocolate]
- What is your favourite sweet treat? [Chocolate brownies, oh yeah!]
- When do you crave sweet things the most? [When don’t I?]
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? [My wife calls me . . . “Bayee” . . . Don’t ask.]
• Add the Super Sweet Blogging Award image to your blog post.
• Notify your nominees at their blogs.
No problem BUT WAIT! This seems like a suitable occasion to also resurrect the Universal Blogger Award!
I know! I know . . . HERE WE GO!
1. Identify the top 2 family members who have greatly influenced your life (names or other titles are acceptable, even if they’re pets).
2. Identify the top 2 non-family members who have influenced your life (you may have personally been in some form of contact with them or are only familiar with them through popular media).
3. State what you believe would be the worst thing to happen to mankind, and what you will personally do to initiate the effort to prevent or control that issue.
4. State what you believe would be the greatest thing to happen to mankind, and what you will personally do to initiate the effort to achieve that goal (big or small; whatever is within your power to commit to every day from this point onward).
5. Nominate 7 other blogs to receive the award (why 7, because it’s the rounded mathematical average of 5, 10 and 7), and tell them that you’ve nominated them.
I’ll get started:
1. My wife and my mother.
2. Martin Luther King, Jr. and El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcom X).
3. I believe that total domination by bigotry is the worst thing that could happen to mankind. To do my part to prevent this, I will strive to be patient with others and myself every day.
4. I believe that a simultaneous end to all bigotry and hunger would be the greatest thing to happen to all mankind. To do my part to achieve this I will, every day, feed at least one other person besides myself, be forgiving and encourage whomever I feed to do likewise.
5. In alphabetical order, I name the following 7 blogs for a UBA (one’s I’ve never nominated before):
NOTICE: absolutely NOTHING will happen to you, anyone else or anything else if you chose to not follow ANY of the rules in this post. It all in good fun!