MOF Gets a VIBA
I must confess a cardinal sin. I don’t feel it’s one for others. It’s just a sin for me.
I’ve been averaging 13 blog-related e-mails a day, and I was behind exactly 2 weeks to the actual day that I reviewed them. This is the third time this has happened this year. I know WordPress has its built-in means of stemming the tide but I choose to not use it. What I’ve done to get caught up this time is delete every blog-related e-mail up to September 21.
That’s 182 e-mails gone, including many past posts from others that I may never take the time to go back and see.
I winced the entire time I did it because I truly value all of the responses that I get from everyone, and feel obligated to not only acknowledge everyone who provides any feedback whatsoever but to go and fully read the entries they have made. I try with all my might to make posts that are at least interesting and informative to as many people as possible, if not beneficial to someone that has similar goals as me. So, I expect that most others also put a lot of themselves into what they write and display. I don’t want to take their work for granted. It does have an impact on me.
I sincerely hope that everyone can forgive me.
That said, I must express my gratitude to The (Urban Wildlife) Interface (http://suburbanferndaleark.wordpress.com) for nominating this blog for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I accept, and I do appreciate it.
To accept this award, I will follow and pass on the following guidelines:
• Display the award logo on your blog;
• Link back to the person who nominated you;
• State seven things about yourself;
1. I was born in Aldershot Hampshire, England from Jamaican parents.
2. I moved to Canada when I was nearly 3-years old.
3. I’m an illustrator (Predominantly Science Fiction, Fantasy, Astronomy, Wildlife and Aviation).
4. I adore photography (Urban/Street, Wedding, Wildlife, Advertising and Editorial).
5. I have a background in graphic design.
6. The martial arts and performance arts have impacted my life almost as much as the visual arts.
7. Despite being quite secular in habits, my faith in God and sustained relationship with Jesus Christ keep me grounded.
• Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them;
In no particular order, here are 15 sites that I follow that I’ve never nominated before (an indication of how much blog-related e-mail I tend to receive):
1. Laine Apine Photography (even though she hasn’t shown much blog activity in quite some time).
2. artsocia (tireless promoter of the arts).
4. DoodleCafé (he too hasn’t blogged much since May but I now how it is).
5. The eternal solitude of the restless Mind (a photographer with vision).
6. David R. Wetzel Photography.
7. Brian Gaynor Photography.
8. Images of China through English Eyes.
9. KC Goshert (I think he goes to bed with a camera, and then wakes up later with his negative or memory card full).
10. Korinek Photography.
11. Everyday Paranoid Visions.
12. Rory Alexander Photography.
13. Alexandria Box (it’s also been quite a while since she has made any moves on her site).
14. Every Hundredth of a Second.
15. The Official ShouldBee Blog.
• Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Done, and away we go!